EXPERIENCING JAPANESE-STYLE HOTEL STAYAt “Shirakaba-no-mori”, Japanese-Western style room boasts Tatami area which can be partitioned with Japanese-style sliding doors. This type of room is very popular for families with small kids or group travellers as it is spacious and can accommodate up to 7 people maximum.
BASIC INFORMATIONThe Japanese casual Kimono –Yukata- are provided for the hotel guests. You can wear Yukata in the public space including hotel restaurant but please don’t go outside the hotel in Yukata.
|Address||Appi Kogen, Hachimantai-city, Iwate 028-7306|
|Rooms||249 rooms dominantly with Japanese-Western style / Room capacity: 3 to 7 persons|
|Restaurants||Restaurant serving breakfast in a buffet style (Japanese restaurant and steak house open during winter only) / Reservation required|
|Public bath||Large Public Bath inside the hotel|
|Facilities||Salomon Station (ski & snowboard rental shop), Shop|
|Access to piste||5 minutes to base area by skiing or snowboarding (direct access to the piste possible until the sunset)|
|Wi-Fi||FREE Wi-Fi available at all rooms. |
*CAUTION: FREESPOT Wi-Fi available in the lobby is NOT secured connection. Please refrain from sending personal information such as credit card number and PIN over the FREESPOT connection.
KOTATSU FOR JAPANESE-WESTERN STYLE ROOMS ONLY“Kotatsu” (low table covered with blanket with a heater inside) available at Tatami area during the winter season only. Try sitting at Kotatsu and eat some snack to experience truly Japanese winter pastime.
*Kotatsu room available for a group of 3 or more people.
*1 to 2 persons will have a Twin.
- Casual restaurant serving dishes with local seafood and vegetables is recommendable for families.
- 鳥海 JAPANESE RESTAURANT – CHOKAI
- Fresh seafood caught off Sanriku, famous “Morioka Reimen” (cold serve noodle), seasonal dishes and kids menu are served at the restaurant.
- MERISSA STEAK RESTAURANT *Winter Season Only
- A variety of sizzling beef and pork steaks make your mouth water. Salad and soup served in a buffet style.