Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts
(Scope of application)
- Accommodation Contracts (AC hereafter) and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be based on the following Terms and Conditions. Any matters not stipulated herein shall be governed by related laws, regulations and ordinance.
- When the Hotel has agreed to conclude a Special Contract with the Guest, the said Special Contract shall prevail as long as it does not violate relevant laws, regulations and ordinance.
(Application for Accommodation Contracts)
A Guest who intends to make an application for an AC with the Hotel shall provide the Hotel with the following particulars:
- Name(s) of Guest(s) to be registered.
- Date(s) scheduled for overnight stay and estimated time of arrival.
- Accommodation charge (based, in principle, on the basic accommodation charges described in the Schedule Ⅰ).
- Other information considered necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case that the Guest has requested, during his/her stay, an extension of the accommodation beyond the date in the preceding subparagraph (2) above, the Hotel shall handle his/her request as a new application for AC at the time such request is made.
(Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts)
- A AC shall be considered to have been concluded when the Hotel has accepted the application described in the preceding Article, unless the Hotel has proved that the Hotel has not accepted the said application.
- When the AC has been concluded under the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is required to pay Application Money fixed by the Hotel by the due date specified by the Hotel, up to the maximum amount equal to the basic accommodation charge for 3 nights.
- The Application Money shall first be used for the final Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparation under Article 18 if applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- In the case that the Application Money described in Paragraph 2 of this Article has not been paid by the due date specified by the Hotel, the AC shall become invalid. However this is applicable only when the Hotel has informed the Guest of invalidity of the AC resulting from default of Application Money payment at the time specifying the due date of the Application Money.
(Special Contract Requiring No Application Money)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Article, Paragraph 2, the Hotel may enter into a Special Contract requiring no Application Money after the AC has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- In the case when the Hotel fails to request payment of the Application Money as stipulated in the preceding Article, Paragraph 2, and/or fails to specify the due date for the said Application Money, it shall be deemed as the Hotel has accepted a Special Contract defined in the preceding Paragraph.
(Refusal of Accommodation Contracts)
- The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of the AC under any of the following cases:
- （1）When the application for accommodation does not comply with the Terms and Conditions herein.
- （2）When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available.
- （3）When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered likely to behave in violation of the provisions of the ordinance, public order or good public morals.
- （4）When the Guest have fever 37.5℃ or higher and does not feel good to prevent the spread of infection COVID-19. *37.5℃ is based on the administrative guidelines
- （5）When restrictions on movement across prefectures are issued due to the government’s announcement of an emergency situation.
- （6）When the Guest seeking accommodation is clearly considered to be a patient with an infectious disease.
- （7）When the guest seeking accommodation demands the Hotel excessive burden beyond the reasonable purview.
- （8）When act of God, unforeseeable trouble with facilities, and other unavoidable causes prevent the Guest from staying at the Hotel.
- （9）When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered to misbehave extremely such as drunken squabble to cause trouble(s) other hotel guests. This Paragraph complies to Article 6, Iwate Prefectural Government Ordinance for Operation of Hotels and Ryokans.
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest)
- The Guest may cancel the AC by notifying the Hotel in proper manner.
- In the case when the Guest has cancelled the AC in whole or in part due to causes attributable to him/her (only when the Hotel has requested payment of the Application Money with the due date specified under the provision of Article 3, Paragraph 2, except in the case when the Guest has cancelled the AC prior to such due date), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as specified in the Schedule Ⅱ. In the case when the Hotel has accepted a Special Contract described in Article 4, Paragraph 1 this provision shall be applied only when the Hotel notified the Guest of his/her responsibility to pay cancellation charges and the Guest actually cancels the AC.
- In the case that the Guest does not arrive by 8 p.m. on the scheduled check-in day without notifying the Hotel of a delay (or 2 hours after the expected arrival time if check-in time was notified by the Guest beforehand), the Hotel may regard the AC as being cancelled by the Guest.
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel)
The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contracts under any of the following cases:
- （1）When the Guest is considered likely to behave in violation of the provisions of the ordinance, public order or good public morals, or he/she is considered to have behaved in such a manner.
- （2）When the Guest have fever 37.5℃ or higher and does not feel good to prevent the spread of infection COVID-19. *37.5℃ is based on the administrative guidelines
- （3）When restrictions on movement across prefectures are issued due to the government’s announcement of an emergency situation.
- （4）When the Guest is clearly considered to be a patient with an infectious disease.
- （5）When the Guest demands excessive burden beyond the reasonable purview in relation to his/her stay.
- （6）When unavoidable causes, such as act of God, etc., prevent the Guest from staying at the Hotel.
- （7）When any violations on Article 6, Iwate Prefectural Government Ordinance for Operation of Hotels and Ryokans is found.
- （8）When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions (only for the purpose of fire prevention), such as smoking in bed, mischief to fire-fighting facilities or other prohibitions under the Use Regulations stipulated by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the AC in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any of the accommodation services, etc. which he/she has not received yet.
The Guest will be required to register the following particulars at the front desk on the arrival day.
- （1） Name, age, sex, address, and occupation.
- （2）Nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan in the case of a non-Japanese guest.
- （3）Scheduled date and time of departure.
- （4）Other particulars required by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest intends to pay his/her Accommodation Charges defined in Article 12 by any alternative means other than currencies, such as traveller’s cheques, coupons or credit cards, he/she will be required to show these credentials at the time of the registration described in the preceding Paragraph.
(Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms)
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 3 pm to 10 am on the following day. In the case when the Guest stays in the room for consecutive days, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the arrival and departure day.
- The Hotel may, notwithstanding aforementioned Paragraph, allow the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time defined in the same Paragraph. In this case, the Guest will be required to pay extra charges.
(Observance of Use Regulations)
- The Guest shall observe the Use Regulations established by the Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
The business hours of the main facilities of the hotel are as follows, and detailed business hours of other facilities will be announced in the hotel leaflets, bulletin boards and service directory in guest rooms, etc.
The front desk/cashier and other servicing:
- 1. No curfew
- 2. Front Desk 24hrs
- 3. Exchange service 24 hrs
- The business hours described in the preceding Paragraph is subject to change, in which case the Guest will be notified by appropriate means.
(Payment of Accommodation Charges)
- The breakdown of Accommodation Charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Schedule Ⅰ.
- Accommodation Charges and related charges as described in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid in currencies or by other alternative means acceptable to the Hotel, such as traveller’s cheques, coupons or credit cards, at the front desk at the time of departure of the Guest or upon request by the Hotel.
- Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest does not use the room provided by the Hotel at his/her discretion after the Hotel has offered a guest room and made it available for him/her to use.
(Liabilities of the Hotel)
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the course of fulfilling the Accommodation Contract or in breach of the Contract unless the said damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- The Hotel has obtained “SAFETY” certificate from local fire authority. The Hotel also takes out liability insurance to cover possible damage caused by fire.
(Handling When Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms)
- Should the Hotel be unable to provide a contracted guest room, the Hotel shall arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest provided that the Guest gives his/her consent to such arrangement.
(Handling of Deposited Articles)
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to goods, cash or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to force majeure.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the front desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value has not been reported by the Guest in timely manner, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 300,000 yen.
(Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest)
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his/her arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only when the Guest has notified the Hotel in advance and the Hotel has accepted such request. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his/her check-in.
- When the baggage or belongings of the Guest is found left after his/her checkout, the Hotel shall contact and ask the owner of such article for instructions. When no instructions are given to the Hotel by the owner or when the ownership remains unidentified, the Hotel shall keep the article for 7 days including the day it was found. The Hotel then shall turn it over to the nearest police station after the period.
- The Hotel’s liability in regard to the custody of the Guest’s baggage or belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
(Liability in regard to Parking)
- The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest uses the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether or not the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
(Liability of the Guest)
- The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for damage caused through intension or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Calculation method for Accommodation Charges （Ref. Article 2-1, 3-2 and 12-1)
|Accumulation of tax
|Total amount to be paid by the Guest
|Accommodation fee 1
① Basic accommodation fee Room charge
② Service charge (① x 10%)
a. Consumption tax
b. Bath tax
a. Consumption tax
(① + ②) × consumption tax
b. Bath tax
150 yen per person
|Additional charge 2
④ Restaurants and other bills
⑤ Service charge (④ x 10%)
c. Consumption tax
c. Consumption tax
(④ + ⑤) × consumption tax
Remarks: The consumption tax rate shall be based on the current tax rate.
Cancellation Charges (Ref. Article 6-2)
|Date the Hotel received cancellation notice
|1 day prior to arrival
|2 to 7 days prior to arrival
Note) 1% is the ratio of the penalty to the basic accommodation fee.
Terms & Conditions
- Please check the evacuation route map from the guest room on the back of the guest room entrance door.
- Be sure to put on your internal key and door guard while you are in the room, especially when you go to bed.
- If the door is knocked, open the door with the door guard on or check with the door scope. In addition, please contact the front desk (ext. 7) without opening the door carelessly when a suspicious person visits.
- Do not smoke in fire-prone place (especially beds).
- Please do not use firearms for heating or cooking in the guest room.
- Please do not use the guest room for any purpose other than accommodation, such as business activities (exhibitions, etc.) without the permission of the hotel.
- Please do not significantly change the current situation, such as moving equipment in the guest room without the permission of the hotel, or making or modifying the guest room.
- Please come to the lobby when you would like to meet visitors at night.
- When you go out from your room during your stay, please be sure to bring your room key and check the lock. In addition, the key will be kept at the front desk.
- If you wish to use the restaurant or bar in the hotel with your signature, please show your room key or accommodation card.
- Please pay the bill at the front desk when you leave. Please note that you may be asked to pay for your bill even during your stay with some reason, so please pay for it each time.
- Please note that you may be asked a deposit upon arrival.
- Hotel cannot accept to pay for shopping, tickets, taxis, postage stamps, luggage shipping, etc on your behalf.
- Please note that facility usage fees will be charged when using the telephone in the guest room.
- In addition to the statutory tax, 10% of the account will be added as a service charge, so we kindly decline your consideration.
Valuables and Checked Items
Please use the free safety box set up at the front desk to store cash, securities, and other valuables during your stay.
In the unlikely event of loss or theft happens by not using safety box, the hotel may not be responsible for it.
Please note that items such as art works and antiques are not accepted.
- The lost property will be stored within the hotel for a certain period, after then, handled according to the Lost & Found Act.
- If you do not contact us after the specified period up to 1 month, we will process your cloakroom items regard as there is no intention to collect them.
Please refrain from bringing in or carrying the following items that may disturb other guests.
- Pets such as animals and birds. (excluding assistance dogs)
- Explosives, volatile oil, and other flammable substances.
- Something that gives off a foul odor.
- Guns, swords, and stimulant drugs that are prohibited by law.
- Bring food and drinks from outside the hotel.
- Gambles, acts that disturb the manners, or behavior that causes nuisance to other guests.
- Go out of the room with a yukata or bathrobe.
- Advertising, distribution of advertising materials, sales of goods, solicitation, etc.
- Taking photos inside the hotel without permission and using the photos taken inside the hotel for business purposes.
For antisocial forces ,their members, and those who may violate public order.
Please refrain from using the hotel by designated gang members in accordance with the “Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Gang Members” (enforced on March 1, 1992).
(If the fact becomes clear during reservation or stay, using hotel facilities will be refused at that time.)
Please refrain from using anti-social groups and members of the groups (gangs and radical behaviors/groups and their members) in the hotel.
(If the fact becomes clear during reservation or stay, using hotel facilities will be refused at that time.)
Using hotel facilities will be refused immediately when violence, intimidation, extortion, intimidating unlawful requests or similar acts are observed.
Also, please refrain from those who have done the same thing once.
- Hotel will refuse the use immediately if it is recognized that those who use our hotel may have difficulty in ensuring their own safety due to mental and physical weakness, self loss due to drugs, drinking, etc., and may cause other guests’ danger, fear, and anxiety.
About facilities and other items in the hotel.
- 1. Please do not use them for any other purpose.
- 2. Please do not bring them out of the facilities.
- 3. Please do not move them to other places or modify.
- Please do not leave your belongings in the hallway or lobby.
- Please do not enter the facilities other than the guest room, such as the stairs, roof and machine room, unless emergency or unavoidable circumstances happen.
- If you damage, contaminate, or lose a building, fixtures, or other items for reasons other than force majeure, you may be required to pay the amount.
- If your payment has been delayed for more than 6 months, we do not accept the use of the service.