Backcountry lessons for beginners
Experience the attraction of snow mountains that you can’t feel on the slopes.
The program is for skiers and snowboarders those who will challenge backcountry first time. Lesson in AM is mainly skiing and snowboarding. Then go hiking up and side country tour in PM. You will take a lecture on the skills required for backcountry.
2021.12.25 – the end of season
|Price (tax included)||
Half day … 8,000 JPY (12,000 JPY if only one participant)
1 day … 12,000 JPY (16,000 JPY if only one participant)
* Lift ticket fee is required seperately.
Until 17:00 the day before
* It may be possible to accept even on the day depending on availability.
Mountain skis, telemark, snowboards (powder board recommended), helmet, beacon, tour poles (expandable type with powder basket), backpack required (rental available), drinks, high-energy food
*Skiing will hike up with seal attached, snowboarding requires snowshoes.
Reservation / Inquiry
Appi Backcountry Tours
(ANA Crowne Plaza Resort Appi Kogen 1F Ihatov Appi Nature Tours)
Please check and fill out the questionnaire in advance before applying.
At backcountry tours & lessons
- Every morning, staffs will check thier health condition by taking body temperature and disinfect.
- For guide and reception staffs, they will wear masks or neck warmers.
- Please keep a certain distance and line up at the reception.
- Please wear a mask when you apply for the program.
- Participants should wear neck warmers or something to cover mouths during the lesson.
- Contactless payment is recommended.
- Participants are requested to come to the reception to take body temperature.
- We will refuse to join the program if your body temperature is 37.5℃ or over.
- For lift rides, we will follow the guidelines set by ski resorts.