Backcountry lessons for beginners
Experience the attraction of snow mountains that you can’t feel on the slopes.
The program is for skiers and snowboarders those who will challenge backcountry first time. Lectures on the skills necessary for walking while wearing a seal and backcountry through a mini tour. Optional lectures such as beacon search are available.
2022.12.24 – the end of season
|Price (tax included)||
Half day … 10,000 JPY (12,000 JPY if only one participant)
*Optional lectures 4,000 JPY
* Lift ticket fee is required seperately.
Until 17:00 the day before
* It may be possible to accept even on the day depending on availability.
Mountain skis, telemark, snowboards (powder board recommended), helmet, beacon, tour poles (expandable type with powder basket), backpack required (rental available), drinks, high-energy food
*Skiing will hike up with seal attached, snowboarding requires snowshoes.
Reservation / Inquiry
Appi back country tour guide
(IHATOV Appi Kogen Nature Schooj in Appi Resort Center)
Please check and fill out the questionnaire in advance before applying.
At backcountry tours & lessons
- Every morning, staffs will check thier health condition by taking body temperature and disinfect.
- For guide and reception staffs, they will wear masks or neck warmers.
- Please keep a certain distance and line up at the reception.
- Please wear a mask when you apply for the program.
- Participants should wear neck warmers or something to cover mouths during the lesson.
- Contactless payment is recommended.
- Participants are requested to come to the reception to take body temperature.
- We will refuse to join the program if your body temperature is 37.5℃ or over.
- For lift rides, we will follow the guidelines set by ski resorts.