Appi Backcountry Tours
Backcountry field in the Appi / Hachimantai area
The guide staffs, who got acquainted with the nature of Appi and Hachimantai throughout the year, will tell you about the mysterious and magnificent charm of nature.
We will offer safely improve your skills with a program tailored each participant.
Hachimantai CAT Tour
A CAT tour where you can ski on the finest Hachimantai powder off-piste without hiking up.
Appi Powder Tour
A short backcountry to enjoy in Appi Kogen. Experience with the finest powder snow.
Spring Mini Backcountry
A short backcountry tour where you can experience the nature of Appi as spring approaches.
Backcountry lessons for beginner
For beginner. Experience the attraction of Appi snow mountains you cannot feel on the slopes.
Appi / Hachimantai area backcountry field
The Hachimantai / Appi area is full of natural attractions regardless of the season, such as Japan’s largest rime field, beech forests that nurture abundant blessings, and hot springs that spring from volcanic plateaus. In winter, the cold air carried by the westerlies from the Japan Sea delivers fine, dry snow to this area. Please enjoy the magnificent mountains and deep snow created by the nature of Hachimantai and Appi.
Precautions for participating in backcountry tours
Participation is conditional on those who agreed with all of the following contents.
- Advanced skiers and snowboarders who can ski on non-compacted snow slopes.
- Experienced people with backcountry. * Inexperienced people will be asked to take a lesson for BC beginners in advance and will be judged to participate in the CAT tour.
- Those who fully understand the risks of behaviour outside the controlled area of snowy mountains.
- There are Japanese and English speaking member in the group.
- It is possible to control speed, slide and stop safely on any non-compacted snow slopes or snow condition.
- You can stand up by yourself even if you fall down to deep snow.
- Please follow the guide's instructions during the tour as it is a group activity.
- If you have been injured or ill in the past, please let us know in advance.
- Please note that if there is a difference in skill or physical strength in the party, we will adjust the level.
- If the guide determines that the level is insufficient, the person will be asked to leave the tour. (No refund)
- Appi Backcountry Tours will not be responsible for the accidents caused by carelessness during the program. (No refund)
- Those who have no problem with their health. If you suspect you have a cold or illness on the day, please decline to participate.
- If you damaged or lost the rental items, you will be asked to compensate for them.
- Please strictly adhere to the meeting time.
- This program is held outside the controlled area. Please understand that there are various dangers are involved unlike the maintained areas.
- Participants are requested to enroll insurance in advance such as mountain insurance, which covers mountain climbing activities.
- Minors must be accompanied by a guardian.
|Alpine tour ski set (ski, seal, pole 3-piece set)||
3 hours 6,300 yen
1 day 7,650 yen
|Alpine tour ski||
3 hours 3,550 yen
5 hours 5,400 yen
1 day 5,900 yen
|Backcountry tour pole||1,550 yen|
|Climbing skin (seal)||1,250 yen|
|Telemark set (ski, boots, stock, seal)||4,600 yen|
|Soft telemark set (ski, boots, stock)||3,550 yen|
|Telemark ski (seal)||3,050 yen|
|Telemark ski (step cut)||2,550 yen|
|Telemark hard boots||2,050 yen|
|Telemark soft boots||1,550 yen|
|BC snowshoes||3,300 yen|
|Cross country ski set (13 yrs and above)||2,050 yen|
|Cross country ski set (7-12 yrs)||1,050 yen|
|Helmet rental||520 yen||Tour participants only|
|Beacon (tracker)||2,550 yen||Tour participants 520 yen|
|Shovel||1,050 yen||Tour participants 520 yen|
|Probe||1,050 yen||Tour participants 520 yen|
|Rucksack (single item)||1,550 yen|
* The price is for one day (1 tour or 8 hours).
At backcountry tours & lessons
- Every morning, staffs will check thier health condition by taking body temperature and disinfect.
- For guide and reception staffs, they will wear masks or neck warmers.
- Please keep a certain distance and line up at the reception.
- Please wear a mask when you apply for the program.
- Participants should wear neck warmers or something to cover mouths during the lesson.
- Contactless payment is recommended.
- Participants are requested to come to the reception to take body temperature.
- We will refuse to join the program if your body temperature is 37.5℃ or over.
- For lift rides, we will follow the guidelines set by ski resorts.